Unfortunately, hurricane season is upon us, and Gainesville (along with the rest of Florida), has been hit with a terrible storm: Hurricane Matthew. Hurricane Matthew swept through Gainesville and many residents are still trying to repair the damage, which is why we’re here today. At North Central Florida Air Conditioning, Inc., you can count on the professionals to handle all of your heating and cooling tune-ups, repairs, installations and replacements, along with some tips and tricks to make your life easier and more efficient.
How To Clean the Outside of Your AC After Hurricane Matthew
As you can imagine, your air conditioner probably looks a little wrecked from Hurricane Matthew. Have no fear! Our heating and cooling experts are going to walk you through how to clean your air conditioner’s outdoor unit.
What You’ll Need:
- AC coil cleaner (if you are unsure what cleaning agent you’ll need, feel free to give our heating and cooling pros a call)
- Water hose with a powerful sprayer
- Eye protection and gloves (garden or work)
How To Clean Your Outside AC Unit:
- Disconnect your air conditioner from the electrical unit. You can usually find this in a metal box near the outside unit. You may have to pull out a plug or flip a switch to the “off” position.
- Make sure the hose is turned on, then powerfully spray the loose debris (leaves, branches, sticks, etc.) off of the outside of the AC unit.
- Spray the outside of the air conditioner with the coil cleaner.
- Let the cleaner foam and bond with the dirt and debris on the coils for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once 10 to 15 minutes have passed, spray and rinse the coils off with the hose one last time.
Hopefully, our “How To” was good enough to clean your AC unit before winter hits. If your unit has been more damaged than you expected from Hurricane Matthew, be sure you give our heating and cool professionals at North Central Florida Air Conditioning, Inc. in Gainesville a call immediately.
If you’d like to learn more about our heating and cooling services for when you need a repair, service or installation in a hurry, feel free to learn more about our company online here. You’ll be able to take advantage of all our services, including our 24/7 emergency service available to anyone, anytime in the Gainesville area.
[uxi_button link=”post_id-274″ new_window=”1″ tel=”0″ class=”button-block button-block-mobile button-32″ padding_x=”” padding_y=”” text=”Contact Our Heating & Cooling Experts in Gainesville For Help Today!” text_size=”20″ text_size_mobile=”” text_font=”header-font” sub_text=”” sub_text_size=”12″ sub_text_size_mobile=”” sub_text_font=”header-font” icon=”” icon_size=”12″ icon_size_mobile=”” icon_align=””]