When you live in the Gainesville area, having a fully functional and efficient air conditioner is an absolute necessity. This means making sure you have that system installed by professionals to ensure it’s properly matched to your home. It also means investing in routine system maintenance each year (or twice a year, if you have a heat pump).
Perhaps most importantly, it means getting repairs done promptly when needed. But, how do you know you’re selecting the right professional for your AC repair in Gainesville, FL? What if you have a general handyman tell you something is wrong with your system, but you haven’t seen any symptoms of such problem? Could you be wasting your time and money?
Get an AC Professional You Can Trust
First off, we understand your concerns completely. That’s why we offer free second opinions on. We also waive any diagnostic fees if you schedule your repairs on the same day. We don’t want you to be misled, so in addition to providing you with these services, we have some tips on how you can make sure you’re working with the best AC repair professional as possible:
- Do Your Homework: Take a quick look at your owner’s manual for your air conditioner. Become familiar with how it works so that you can be confident in the specific needs of that system. We don’t expect you to become an expert (that’s our job!) but every little bit of knowledge helps.
- Seek Out Experience: How long has your HVAC technician been in business? Do they have experience with your particular air conditioning system? What continuing education or training do they receive to keep up with changing technology?
- Check That They Are Licensed and Insured: This protects you, the homeowner, should any damage occur to your home during the work your HVAC professional performs. It also eliminates your liability should they get injured on your property while performing work, so long as your property isn’t unreasonably unsafe.
- Look at Their Reviews: What are previous and current customers saying? Are they satisfied with the quality of work, the professionalism of the staff, and the timeliness of the job done? You of course want an AC professional who will get the job done right, but there’s also a lot to be said for how courteous they are and how professionally they treat you and your home.
- Ensure They Give You an Estimate in Writing: Whether it’s repair work, an installation, or maintenance, a reputable HVAC contractor will be upfront about their costs. Costs may fluctuate a bit depending on the nature of the repairs or work being done, but if a professional isn’t willing to give you a written estimate, this should be a red flag.
At the end of the day, you want to hire an AC repair professional who you feel you can trust. After all, there’s nothing worse than feeling uneasy about the level of work being done on such an important and costly appliance in your home.
At North Central Florida Air Conditioning, we’re improving lives by improving homes! Contact us today for a free second opinion or if you suspect something is amiss with your air conditioner.